Fantasy of Lights
“A 2020 Christmas” | December 5, 2020
The theme for this year’s parade is “A 2020 Christmas”
The parade will begin at approximately 6 pm on Saturday, December 5, 2020.
Entry numbers will be assigned for each entry on Thursday, December 3rd, 2020.
You will receive a phone call with your assigned number. Please wait for your phone call on Thursday! THIS IS THE ONLY NOTIFICATION YOU WILL RECEIVE.
PLEASE SEND REGISTRATION TO:
FOL Parade Entry
PO Box 406, Sealy, TX 77474
The judges will be staged in front of the Levine Park on Main Street. All decisions of the judges are final. The judging will be on the following categories:
FOR ALL ADDITIONAL INFORMATION VISIT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All parade entries must complete an entry application and description of entry form.
2. All entries should be in the designated line up area no later than the listed check in time, assembled and prepared to depart by 6pm. Line-up will begin at 4pm.
3. Signage for parade entries and/or parade vehicles is the responsibility of the parade entry. However, you will be given a parade number that must be displayed in the front of the float so that the parade judges and announcers can see as you are passing by.
4. The parade will line up for 18 wheelers and emergency vehicles on Tiger Lane (please enter from Circle Drive before TJ Mills Stadium and floats will enter from Hwy 90 on the teacher access road from the back of the Sealy Junior High (across from the Sealy Fire Station). Animal entries (with trailers) will be staged at the empty lot on the corner of 8th street and Tiger Lane across from the First Baptist Church and the Sealy Junior High/Sealy ISD Administration Office.
5. All units should always remain one car length from the entry ahead during the parade to avoid gaps in the procession.
6. Candy, leaflets or other items MAY NOT be thrown from floats during the parade. BUT individuals may walk along side of the entry and hand out candy away from moving vehicles.
7. Only one official Santa Claus will be allowed in the parade, as designated by the Sealy Community Foundation.
8. Drop off at the end of the parade will be in the open lot on the corner of 4th street and Fowlkes Street which is across the street from Bill’s Supermarket. All other vehicles including emergency vehicles and 18 wheelers will be continued back to Highway 36 and routed back to Circle Drive. Animal entries will need to return to the beginning of the parade route to their trailers.
9. Various types of units will be evenly dispersed throughout the parade to form a well-balanced parade.
10. All floats, vehicles, persons walking, and animals must have a display of lights.
11. Vehicles participating in the parade must be in good running order and be able to idle for periods of time without overheating.
12. Vehicles are strongly urged to show up with a full tank of gas or have a gas tank in the vehicle for refueling.
13. Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
14. All motorized vehicles must be registered, insured, and have an adult, licensed driver at the wheel.
15. Please remember that this is a FAMILY EVENT. We ask that you please keep that in mind while decorating and/or riding in the parade. We have the right to refuse an entry at any time.
SAFETY IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE
Sealy Community Foundation assumes no liability for any damages or injury to parade units, persons, or property participating in the Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade.