12th Annual FaNTASY OF LIGHTS
Do you have what it takes?
Friday, December 4 & Saturday, December 5
Cash Payout: 65% Payout (Based on # of Teams Entered)
Trophy for Showmanship
Trophy and $400 CASH for Grand
Trophy and $200 CASH for Reserve Overall
JACKPOT CONTESTS: $20 per entry (50/50 Pay Back)
Chef Choice, Dessert, and Chili
Rules and Regulations
- The Fantasy of Lights BBQ Committee and Sealy Community Foundation reserve the right to expand or modify these rules and regulations. Decisions of the committee chairman and judges will be final.
- The City of Sealy and the Sealy Community Foundation are not responsible for theft or damage to equipment or contestants.
- The Chief Cook is responsible for the actions of its team members and guests. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages will be grounds for disqualification. No alcoholic beverages are to be served to anyone under 21 or sold to the public. All alcohol must remain in cook-off participants designated area.
- Each team will be allowed to bring an ATV or golf cart for use specifically to vehicles and/or entry turn-in point. Operators are asked to be considerate ofother participating teams while utilizing these vehicles.
- A large dumpster will be placed at the entrance of the cook-off. All teams are responsible for disposing of their bags/garbage and maintaining the cleanliness of their spots.
- Contestants may start moving in after 3:00pm on Thursday, December 3rd. Check in and Payment will be made at the entry gate. Spaces will be grass and available on a first-come first serve basis. (Alternate
- Parking Arrangements will be in place for Bad Weather / Ground Conditions)
- NO electricity will be provided. All travel trailers and motor homes will have to operate off of a generator.
- Contestants must supply all needed equipment and supplies.
COOKING AND JUDGING
- Meat inspection will be not be performed and will be based on a Honor System.
- Jackpot entries are Chef Choice, Desserts and Chili.
- Chief cooks meeting will be at 5:00 pm Friday, December 4th at the Hill Center. Tray pick up from 4-5 p.m.
- Fires must be wood or wood substance. No electric or gas fires are allowed. Holes or dug pits are not permitted. Heat shields must be provided if fires are capable of damaging contest area. Pellet cookers will be allowed.
- No garnishes or sauces will be allowed on meat for turn-in.
- Judging procedures – Only one (1) container of each category entered will be judged and on the blind system to ensure anonymity of contestants.
- Entry fees – $175 for one meat or ALL meat categories.
Friday Turn-In as follows:
7:00 pm Jackpot- Chef Choice (No Desserts)
8:00 pm Jackpot -Dessert (only hot desserts cooked over coals)
Saturday Turn-In as follows
11:00 am Jackpot- Chili (no beans)
12:00 Noon Chicken two (2) seperate1/2 fully jointed chicken halves (to include breast, wing, thigh and drumstick.)
1:30 P.M. Pork spare ribs (9 individual pork spare ribs)
3:00 P.M. Brisket (9 Full Slices)
(Standard Turn-In Times Apply Up To 100 Teams)
OPTIONAL JACKPOT COMPETITIONS
- All jackpots will be conducted on the blind judging system. BBQ Committee members will hand out containers for Friday night entries during check-in and meat inspection.
- Jackpot Chef Choice and Dessert will be held on Friday, December 4th and Jackpot Chili competition will be held on Saturday, December 5th . These contests will be optional.
- Jackpot Chef Choice – 7:00 pm, $20 entry fee Chef Choice will be judged on taste and appearance.
- Jackpot Dessert – 8:00pm, $20 entry fee. Dessert will be judged on taste and appearance. Desserts must be cooked over coals – NO cold desserts such as banana pudding; only Hot desserts will be accepted.
- Jackpot Chili – 11:00 pm, $20 entry fee. No Pinto Beans in the Chili.
1. Chicken two (2) seperate1/2 fully jointed chicken halves (to include breast, wing, thigh and drumstick.)
2. Pork Ribs – St Louis is acceptable but NO BABY BACK RIBS
3. Brisket – Trimmed or Untrimmed; at least a 12# brisket
1. All teams must be cleared of the contest site no later than noon on Sunday, December 6th .
2. Each team will be responsible for cleanup of their site during the cook-off and prior to moving out. There are to be no ashes, beans or trash left in their cooking areas. Again a roll-off trash dumpster will be provided at cook-off area for trash disposal.
*** Refunds will be issued if this event is CANCELLED due to the COVID-19 pandemic, otherwise this is a RAIN OR SHINE event ***
BBQ Cookoff Entry Form
CASH PAYOUT – 65% PAYOUT (based on # of teams entered)
Trophy and $400 for Grand and Trophy and $200 for Reserve Overall
Jackpot Contests – $20 per entry (50/50 Pay Back)
Chef Choice, Dessert & Chili
Festival Events: Arts & Crafts Booths, Softball Tournament, Parade, Gingerbread House Decorating Contest
****Refunds will be issued if this event is CANCELLED due to the COVID-19 pandemic, otherwise this is an RAIN OR SHINE event****
- Results will be posted here!